I think any thread that has over six hundred postings is about ready to be closed. Let's pick up new topics on new threads.

In the last couple of months I have enjoyed about all the postings I can stand where absolutes are included in comments. Where people speak as if their institution is doing what is state of the art compared to others around the country. Where they talk as if they were speaking as if they were a doctor representing a particular institution.

I want all of you in your desire to spread information to think about what you are typing. Not everyone posting here will be around next year. I'd like that reality to sink into those of you who are privileged enough to not be included in that group. Who were lucky enough to be caught at an early stage. Who don't have mets to your lungs or livers. Who have the money to travel to the best institutions around the country. I am not insinuating that all of that has taken place on this thread, I am merely listing some of the things that seem to be getting past people's good judgment in recent posts throughout the board. We all celebrate a success story, a great day, a day without fear, or pain, a good follow up. We all mourn a loss, a bad prognosis, and emotional discomfort. Let's remember the diversity of people that visit this board, regular posters and lurkers, Americans and those from third world countries, where treatments that are commonly discussed here are not available. Let's think about the impact of something seemingly simple

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.