Shawna:

Thank you very much for the great suggesstions.

I am sorry your Dad is hospitalized frown I will be thinking of him and wishing a swift return home.

What do they do while hospitalized? Do they still give radiation?

I had my PEG Tube installed yesterday!

UUUGH!!!!!

The surgery went fine, and the incision looks good and doesn't hurt much at all....What killed me was the GAS they pump inside the tummy (dilate)..!

After wards they said I could eat normally...(Guess they couldn't tell by looking at me that "normally" means a lot! smile

So, a couple of hours after the proceedure, we were at a sandwich shop and I had a turkey sandwich...

Well...30 minutes later........YIKES!!!!!

MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR DISCOMFORT!

I felt like I was going to explode (almost wished I did)!

The 'pain' spiked with spasms hitting a 9 a couple of times..

I couldn't find any comfortable position, and was getting dehydrated.

I called the GI surgery team and got a Dr (fellow) on the line...

He said to just tough it out, and deal with it..

Well, by now most of you know that doesn't work for my personality, so I hung and called back 45 minutes later.

Still in MAJOR pain, I paged the surgeon.

He immediately called me back.

He suggested taking some "Gas-X", and Tylenol.

So, (one thing about NY is there is a drug store every 100 feet!), Seth got me both, and I had him get some Baking Soda and Club Soda too.

I took them all, and it helped a lot, but not 100% resolution.

So, it was a LONG night...Didn't sleep too much, and got a fever around 10:00 PM.

Fever has been up and down, helped with the Tylenol, and I have an appt this morning with the Oncologist so we'll discuss this, but I think it's a normal reaction to the trauma of the incision.

Anyway the pressure is much better this morning, but now it feels like I just did 2,000 sit-ups!

Moving slowly, and getting in the grove for my appt.

That's it for now...

Radiation setup is Friday, with actual rads starting Monday.

Thanks everyone for being there for me!

- Michael

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.