Hi all!!!

I'm doing Okay....thank you to each of you who have written to me to check on things.

Basically, I just needed to take a brief "Cancer Holiday" for a few days and try not to dwell on the cancer so much...I figured it might help get me out of my funk, and I think it worked.

Today, I feel much better and continue to SLOWLY!!!! improve.

I am back to working more or less a full day again, and I am slowly regaining my eating abilities...Last night I had almost an entire turkey burger (all I could think about was bird flu! smile and a couple of fries...

Not the healthiest meal, but hey, I've been dreaming about a burger for months!

In the mornings I usually have some cereal, and green tea, and I think I may be able to have the tube out in a few weeks.

I return for a check up to NY around the 10th of Nov, and am worried they will "find" something, but am trying to take things day-by-day.

The M&M sized node along my left jaw line went down and then popped up again a few days later, and I've been noticing a sore throat over night lately...I think it's just a reactive node, so I'm not fixated on it.

Other than that the radiation burns are all 100% healed, my voice is 99% normal, and I'm not spitting 10,000 times a day like I was.

The tissues still feel "wierd" at the site, and along the neck, but I figure that will continue to improve in time.

During the worst of the treatment, I didn't brush my teeth as often as I should have and I regret that a little since they kinda hurt.

The tube is starting to annoy me but I use it for hydration once in a while, so I don't want to pull it just yet.

I still have ear ringing occasssionally, but nothing too captivating...in other words, I can live with it.

Well...I think that's it...SORRY for neglecting the board for a few days... frown

Hugs to all!!!

- Michael

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.