Thanks all!

Still in here!! UUgh!

Some 4th of July Weekend..But I feel like being here is earning interest in my bank accout of life, so that I can spend many great 4th of July weekends on the "outside" later.

I feel better still on the new meds, but they are having to stop them tonight since you can't take it for more than 48 hours.

I asked for just some Tylenol Extra Stength and you would have thought I had asked for a rock from the moon or something!

They are still "working on it"! But, I will stay on them before the last dose starts to wear off.

I spent time with Seth outside in the sunshine for a little, and have been trying to walk a few times a day.

They removed my drains today! Wierd sensations huh??!! But, glad to have to increased mobility.

Still on antibiotics and have a slight fever usually each afternoon and overnight.

I asked for some Ensure since I couldn't eat anythng this morning, and again, I AIN'T AT THE FOUR SEASONS!!! Never showed up, they said, "Oh, that's a medication since it is a food suppliment, so we have to get a Dr's order" Jeeze.

Anyway, I walked to the cafeteria myself and bought one. Felt good to get some nutrition and now I am eating semi-solid foods again.

I don't know how long I'm going to be on the anti-biotics, but I suspect that's the only reason I am still IV.

I plan on getting some good sleep again tonight.

Swelling inside the neck, and throat seem to be better and I have these weird twinges in the trama areas near my incisions...I am trying not to move my head too much, but the interns promise me it's ok to turn full left and right and up and down..we'll see.

So many errors here! One nurse left my IV infuser off for 2 hours until I noticed it.

Another, tried to give me a shot of morphine the first day just after I had administered a patient dose of the morphine!

Today, the nurse NEVER took my vitals! I finally went out before my last walk and took them myself in the hall.

So many things like this, I don't want to post them because I already sound jadded and unappreciative, but let's just remind each other, that you really need to be your own best advocate, no one, no Dr, no nurse, no hospital is perfect.

Anyway, thanks again for every thing you all have said...The good thoughts keep me going!

Love,

Michael

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.