Hey guys.....

Well..I finished the 2nd half of the 2nd chemo cycle last evening (Fri)...

I think I may have made a major error allowing the Drs to convince me to go forward... frown

Thurs night at around 2:am I started getting ringing in both ears, and it's only gotten worse since.

Last night I could hardly sleep with the ringing, and it woke me several times. Today it continues to get worse, and I don't know what to do.

When I mentioned it Fri AM to the Dr he said, "Well...You knew the risks".

I can't stand this incessent(sp?) ringing...It's driving me NUTS!!!

I can't live with this forever, will it go away? Seems awfully soon to get it so strong only 1 day into the 2nd cycle..no?

Other than that, nausea is being kept at bay (about a 2.5 now) since Seth has been dillgent about the anti-emetics (Emend, Reglan, Zofran and Deximethasone(steriod)). Plus, lots of fluids, osmolite and some liquid zantec added. Robitussin liquid too for the phelgm control and now I have a pump to help with the infusions since the gravity bags, (although a GREAT improvment over the bolus) tend to clog with all the suppliments my Mom keeps puring in.

I'm not taking much of anything by mouth, although pain (at the moment is near zero). No Mouth sores or even sore throat strangely enough..??? Im sure they will return with a vegence over the next 2 weeks....

Can you believe it??!? Just two weeks of radation left!!

I just finished the 4th week...Yoooo HOoo!

(ooh, that sounds good, a Yoo Hoo, haven't had one in years smile

I had a KitKat and a Twinkie during chemo yesterday...The nutritionist told my family to let me have whatever I felt like, so of course I'm taking advantage of it smile In any case, I'm trying to be healthy.

I think a big part of the nausea is from all the spit, saliva, gunk or whatever...so eating is not appetizing.

The apartment does have a kitchen Amy, but you're right no one uses them in NY. It's wierd, but when you walk out the door and there are 50 restaurants (all that deliver!) within one block, I guess cooking at home doesn't seem that appealing.

Sounds like quite the party all of you visiting!! Wait till I get back to the lodge where we'll have more room!

Gail, how is Barry doing? Getting close now!! Were you at the dog show with an entry? You're right, Zach is so big, he has to tip toe on the little patches of grass surrounding the sidewalk trees. He's adapted quite well considering he's used to having 16 acres to himself.

Is there anything I can do to help the WBC? Also any advice on this ringing!?!?!?!?!??

Thanks to all!

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.