Hi Michael,
Glen has given you some excellent advice, listen to him.
I would suffer radiation treatment again before I would endure the 2 months after radiation ended. The better I felt physically, the further down I fell emotionally. I hadn't found this website yet so didn't understand how normal it was to fall into a depression at this stage in treatment. The thought of dying took over me, I couldn't go a full minute without thinking of it. I cried all the time and felt like I had gone through all that treatment just to spend the rest of my life waiting to die from this cancer. Then I found this website, it was a month or so before a hurricane hit our area that took out our power for over a week. I read a post from Digitex (Danny) and he talked about depression and how he began to take a walk EVERY day. I started that and between that and this site I was soon on my way to being emotionally better off. My husband was so happy with my change of emotional state that when our power went out, we didn't "rough" it out like our neighbors, he spent money we didn't have on a generator so I could stay on this website. Take a walk every day Michael, take a baby step with your eating every day, but remember to measure your progress in weekly or even bi-weekly increments. If you try to do it daily you will get upset with what seems like slow progress.
You cannot lie in bed, you will only get worse, I can promise you that.
Also, MAKE yourself sip water throughout the day. While not everyone who doesn't eat during radiation loses their swallowing, it will do you good to keep your swallowing up to par. I sipped water from about the 3rd week of radiation until a few months afterwards. That was ALL I took by mouth and my swallowing is fine. Drinking the water will also make you feel more normal.
Wishing you well,
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.