Ohhhh, Michael. I could ramble on and on about the latest. I just don't want to over-run your thread! My dad finished his 4th week of radiation and 2nd round of chemo. He has no nausea-so at least we have that going for us. I just don't know how in heck I can get his butt to move in with me now!! He lives an hour away from the city-ALONE- and says he's not ready to come here yet. Basically, the tumor is non-palpable. He's on his Fentanyl patch to subdue the pain. That kills me because let's face it--he is very sensitive to narcotics. I want to tell you and Seth that if it gets bad, a break in treatments does wonders. His mouth healed wonderfully in 7 days and his voice was normal. That was good because it showed him that he will heal. But, today after the 20th treatment he sounds like he did when he hit the wall 2 weeks ago.
Please share the patient's perspective. I want to honor his desires as long as possible but I'm worried sick about him.
You 2 are adorable and I look daily for your posts. Soon, you will be able to coach us through the Neck Dissection!
Love and hugs.

Dad Treated for T2N1M0 Tonsil Cancer August 2005. 35 IMRT radiation, 3 doses Cisplatin. Selective Modified Neck Dissection November.