I was told early on by both my ent and members of this board that MY stage 4 tumor and surrounding invasion was not good. The ent told me flat out that I would be lucky to live 5 years. After the 17 hour surgery and receiving the pathlogy report it was worst than they imagined. I had poorly diferentely margins, the tumor was invasive into other parts of my mouth and throat and they couldn't get it all due to part of the tumor being on the carthoid arterey. They told me the IMRT would take care of this.

After receiving IMRT for 33 treatments my treatment were over. That was in November of 03.
After having a clear scan 6 months later I still felt it wasjust a matter of time before it would return. 6 months later the scan showed a reoccurrance. I have been on chemo for 14 months
and for a year it held the beast at bay. The last scan in June 05 showed a new tumor in the same area as the original tumor.
I know my days are numbered and I am trying to live each day to the fullest. I believe "Early Detection" would have given me a fighting chance. I really never believed in my heart that I would survive long.
It's been over two years and I still feel fine. I have been lucky to have few to no side effects from al the treatment. I plan on being around misspelling my posts for quite awhile!!!

I wanted you to know the perspective of a stage 4
patiant that understands some make it and some don't. I concider the three years or more I have lived with this has given me the chance to love like I never loved before. I have met more cyber friends that have touched me in a way I didn't
know excisted. There has been alot of positives for me and my family
Thanks to this website and it's members my journey has went much smoother than I can express
in words. I truly love each and everyone I've met through this forum. Nothing can take that away from me!!

Love Ya All, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006