Dear Michael,

I probably haven't posted in a year, although I have been reading the discussions here since my Aunt was diagnosed with Stage IV base of the tongue cancer in April of 2003. I had to write though because I do agree with Danny. Your posts have brought life and freshness to the discussions. I think your fighter/warrior attitude is wonderful (!) and I have been following your posts daily. You've made me smile a lot lately. Do know that all of us faithfuls who have been reading this board for years, even though you may not know us because we seldom post-are still rooting for you every step of the way. You are in my thoughts and prayers as I go through my day. I hope you can feel the positive vibes coming your way from Long Island!

For the generous folks who were in contact with my Aunt when she was sad and down from her struggle, my Aunt Rosemary is still cancer free after two years and three months. She had some reconstructive surgery done one week ago to cut many adhesions away from under her new tongue and the front of the floor of her mouth. They added some additional grafted tissue to her original flap and now she's talking almost completely normally. She is doing wonderfully well this time and is feeling pretty darned good already.
We are greatly relieved to say the least.

Keep up the good fight everyone! Every day is a blessing!!

Hugs to all,
Lisa from Long Island

Niece to Aunt Ro- Dx: 4/03. SCC Stg 4 BOT with mets to fl of mth & crvcl lymph node. AdenoC 1 sal gland. Two add. reconstrc. surgeries for adhesions. Recurrence 7/06- Sub-Mand AdenoC. Mets to both lungs. Lost her battle 5/4/07.