My surgeon just called from his cell to let me know that he still doesn't have path results (UUgh!).

He said they had a change of guard on July 1st and with the holiday it may be a few days or early next week (Huh!?)

Anyway, he said that I am DONE with surgery basically and the only thing we need the path for is to determine radiation/chemo or one or the other individually, etc.

I am inclined to do both (radiation and neo-adjuctive therapies {eg: Erbitux}) regardless of the Path reports.

So, at least he called me.

He said the pathology will tell us whether there was something something cell encapsulation, something facial or nerve involvement something something, and one other thing, maybe "Grade" of cells?

I dunno.

He said he is sure we got a 1mm margin clean, and that's what matters.

Ok, no real news, but thought I'd give everyone the latest. I hoping for all good news, ie: only one or two nodes really involved, no other spread, low grade (non-agressive), etc.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.