Michael, That "fuzzy" feeling you have is probably from the compazine. It definitely had that effect on me--only it was kind of like fuzzy x 3 because the regular compazone pills did nothing for me so I was taking compazoine suppositories. My chemo nurse said it affects a lot of people that way. Switching off comapzine to Zofran made that fuzziness go away.

Do be sure to take meds before the nausea gets bad--don't let it ever get really bad because then you are limited to something like a suppository in order to keep the med down! I also second the recommendation of taking an Ativan (in my case I justdid half an Ativan since it had a strong effect on me) about an hour and 1/2 before rad. Ativan helps calm your stomach but it also helps calm you in general and amde me much less anxious about barfing during radiation--even though the Amifostine made me nauseated all through radiation no matter what else was going on.

Anyway, I'm sure you've also been told that the first two days after chemo are the worst for nausea, then it starts to get better (though slowly in my experience). I hope it gets better for you quickly!

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"