My trays costs 200 dollars in California where everything is more expensive. The flouride I use is prescription and pH neutral. It is Bultler .9% Neutral Flouride Topical Foam - MUCH better than the OTC stuff. Oral B also makes one (both of these are a 5 minute treatment). Your dentist should be able to set you up with it. I also have 4 flouride treatments a year with more potent flouride 1.8%). I have lots of crowns and fillings and haven't had much in the way of problems. I had IMRT and only lost one parotid gland so most of my salivary function has returned, although it took about 18 months. I didn't take Amofostine and the RO said I probably would not need it anyway. Metal fillings shouldn't make much difference.

The stuff Tizz mentioned probably isn't available here because it would be prescriptive here and would have to be approved by the FDA. Check with your dentist.

Some people have talked about "side scatter" from the gold in crowns. I put cotton rolls between my teeth/cheeks and teeth/tongue and I think helped it a little. They have mouth guards also.

Some people react worse than others - what will be will be.

Are you getting chemo too? If so be sure to get the chemo after radiation - not before. If you are getting Cisplatin, your firat infusion should coincide with the first radiation treatment.

You need to ask what the total dose will be. 72 cGy is the minimum amount and 81 cGy is the maximum (AKA "Boost")

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)