Hey ALL!

Glenn, I used "Pf" to honor the rules, but let my friend's and family know the particular Dr since I've had so many, and they frequent the board for updates and support.

I have GOOD NEWS !!!

I saw the ENT on Friday (Dr Sh...)

He is very calming and professional, while also showing compassion.

His team inspected the site and dismissed it as scar tissue forming.

He said: "I see nothing on visual or tactile examination to indicate it is anything but normal tissue".

So, I'll take that as good news, and have been continuing as planned anyway.

Friday I also had my "SETUP" which seemed to drag on for hours, but only lasted about 1:15.

Again!!! My HEAD was killing me half way through, and we had to stop twice due to nausea.

I am practicing with some topical treatments (Eucalyptus, Menthal, etc) to see what can keep my scalp cool during the 20 to 30 mins burn time each day.

I haven't heard anyone else every mention this as an issue, so I'm sure I'm just being a big baby, even the tech's seem surprised that I complained about it.

Basically, my head is so big that they needed to take the pad out from under the back of my skull when they did the simulation, mask, etc.

My head rests on the bare block of table and starts to feel like it's ON FIRE after 10 mins.

Anwyay, I think I'll get used to it too.

Even if I don't, I'm sure it's not the worst of my problems smile

As far as the PEG, it's fine.

I'm keeping it clean, and flushing it as instructed.

Haven't really used it much, but like the idea of having it "just in case".

However, the stomach distress is quite severe.

I had the PEG surgery Monday, and even today (Saturday) I still have spasms that are terrible. They wake me up all night long, and keep me from taking a deep breath.

I spoke to the fellow on call at the hospital today (they really are great here!!).

He said it can take up to 2 weeks to feel better and that it really has to do with the proceedure of filling the stomach with so much air for surgery. (Dilate).

He say's it can collect in cavities and takes a while to all get out.

So, I'll continue to put up with it, but it upsets me that "the last week of normalcy" before chemo/radiation was ruined by the pain, discomfort, naseau and bloating of having the tube.

My hearing tests, and EKG all showed normal, and they finished processing my slides that I brought with me.

So, I think I'm all set.

Any other tips for Cisplatinum? I have it scheduled for 5 HOURS min. each day for two days, at least 3x during rads...

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.