Michael,
I haven't been on this thread yet, but couldn't help but jump in with encouragement and a promise of our prayers for your recovery - and that your current worries fade quickly.
My husband, Tom, also had what seemed to be a 'new problem' shortly after he finished his treatment and we were, as you well know, scared.
Funny, I can't recall now what the lump turned out to be, but it was 'nothing.'
He's beginning to really improve on the eating side of things....some things he avoids like the plague (rice, white meat of chicken, most meats to name a few) but every day seems to bring a new victory. He gets excited when he sleeps for more than 2 hours without needing water or a squirt of Salivart smile
Things WILL get better - - it was the best thing we kept hearing from everyone here - and it has been proven true.
We don't stop praying for our friends' health and well-being. Consider yourself 'on the list.'
All the best
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.