Quick update:

Got the teeth extracted just fine at UCSF.

They were VERY professional and did a good job. It was as painless as a tooth extraction can be, and they did a good job with infection control, operating room proceedures, and patient comfort.

The sockets are healing just fine, and I've been able to avoid taking any of the pain meds so far.

Right now, Seth and I are at SFO waiting to board for JFK. I am seeing the dental oncologist at Sloan tomorrow AM for my dental guard (is that what it's called?) and then my SIMULATION!!

I'll be meeting with the RO while there, and the ENT and Oncologist too.

Then Weds, back to Mendocino for a week or so while they work on my tx plan for radiation (IMRT).

I'm going to skip Erbitux for now, unless the oncologist will rx off-label. I figure I can always use it later if needed, and the results are looking more and more sketchy.

I have an appointment with the VP of R&D for Imclone, the arm that developed Erbitux while in NYC. He's agreed to see me for a moment, and I am going to discuss what he thinks about my plan.

I am also going to voice my dissappointment that the trial uses standard X-radiation instead of IMRT and see what he says...I suspect it has more to do with a college or hospital board making the decision, but we'll see.

That's it for now...I'll post tomorrow with an update.

I hope everyone here is well, and send my best wishes to all!!!

- Michael

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.