Oceanangel:

Thanks for the comments and you prayers!

Hope you are feeling better by now.

I just got settled in my hotel room in HOUSTON!

My flight got redirected to Austin first due to Dennis Storms here in Houston...

My appt is at 7:00 AM tomorrow!

I can't wait to meet the team at the world- reknowned(sp?) MD ANDERSON CANCER CENTER --

I'll be posting here right after tomorrow and let you all know what I think...

I hope to meet an Oncologist and Radiation Oncologists tomorrow and maybe a Dental Oncologist and Opthomologist.

I meet be here a couple to a few days...

It's a little bit lonely and I'm kinked up from being stuck on a plane for 5.5 hours.

But, I am feeling better everyday from the surgery. Still the 'disturbing tingly feeling in my shoulder, neck and chin...I've decided that "feeling" is my body EATING CANCER CELLS UP :-) That makes it all easier to tolerate.

Also, I am able to eat more today :-)

I am practicing opening my mouth more and more (Hmmm, can I fit this huge chocolate croissant inside) - Just kidding, I am eating ALKALINE items as much as possible, but glad I can CHUG water like I could 2 weeks ago. (pre surgery)

Anyway, hope everyone is great!! Talk to you all tomorrow...

Michael

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.