Good points Eileen...

I just got back from the Dentist! UUUgh! If ONE MORE PERSON has his/her hands in my mouth I'm gonna scream!!!!!!!!!

I am so sick of Dr's offices I can't tell you!

Anyway, he did FOUR FILLINGS! All resin, he argued that resin is the best, who knows?

I guess the dentist in this little one horse town knows more than the entire Dental Oncology teams at MDAnderson and Sloan :-) They said metal is fine.

I think I like the resin better, I just hope it's ok for radiation, long term holding power, etc.

Then, I got a DEEP CLEANING...UUUGH! My poor mouth!

Frist the radical tonsilectomy, then 2 wisdom teeth extracted, now 4 fillings and a deep cleaning...AND the worse part (radiation/chemo) is yet to come...

Hope I can get through it...The pain from last Friday's (1 week ago) extraction is still bothering me...I feel like a big baby. People get teeth extracted all the time and it doesn't hurt a week later, does it?

Now my gums are bleeding from the cleaning and the lidocane is wearing off...the injection points are starting to throb with pain...

Guess I'm gonna go hit the Vicadin bottle...or maybe Tylenol 3 w/Codene...or maybe Ibuprofen ''600's...or maybe Tylenol XR...or maybe.........

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.