YEAH!! It's the weekend again!

Finally, had a good day today. I have a serious sore throat, and I think some how that is arresting the gag reflex somewhat. So, as long as I concentrate on not gagging, it seems manageable for now.

My taste buds are SHOT! I had fried pickles with Tabasco tonight, and I couldn't taste ANY of it frown The Tabasco didn't burn (I expected it to), and I couldn't even tell. I added salt, nothing. I added pepper, nothing...I had an onion ring, again, nothing...I can taste/feel the fat, but like some cruel joke or something, I can't taste any flavors frown

Oh well, guess I should get used to that. Not the worst of all the problems I'm sure.

I hate the soda/salt gargle...it tastes especially bad!! How soon do I need to start using it religiously ?

I have the "miles mixture" (they call it magic mouthwash here), but the mouth pain hasn't gotten bad enough yet for me to use it...I definiately have mouth sores, and a sore throat a bit, especially BAD when I first wake up, like a massive strep throat, but usually subsides after a while....

I have a slight problem taking a DEEP BREATH, like I might be getting some lung thing! So, I am going to ask for an XRay Monday to make sure I dont get pnomonia (sp?), and the only other wierd thing is I am SEEING DOUBLE...Especially when I lay down on my right side and try to watch TV...So strange....

I normally wouldn't be worried thinking its from all the meds, but I haven't taken anything in a couple of days, but the double vision is just getting worse...

That's the very latest. Thanks to everyone!!!

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.