I'm HOME!!!

Got home ok late last night!

So good to be back...It's nice and cool here 67 and sunny....indigo blue, frothy ocean...

So good to be back...

Still hacking my guts out!! I must spit gallons every day!

I weined myself off the Oxycodone, hated the way it made me feel...Been a week now since I had any...

Still have a couple Fentoyl (sp?) patches for about the last 5 days. I don't think they do much, but help me wein off the Oxy.

I'll leave em on for 4 days each, and then change them.

Any thoughts?

I'm exhausted still...and the idea of eating is gross...my taste buds are so messed up...I had to take a cherry flavored rolaids on the plane and it tasted like paint thinner.

I think that, more than anything, is why I can't eat by mouth -- but Seth is keeping me hydrated, and I take as much of the Osmolite as I can (today I had 4 cans).

Pain is light. Swollen gums are getting better.

Sore/pain on the tongue is getting better too.

Ear ringing continues to slowly improve.

I do have chills for a couple of hours every day, usually around the same time. It's like a cold sweat, with no fever. I presume it's from withdrawal of the Oxycodone.

Other than that, and the exhaustion, I'm doing ok.

No other meds, except a Zofran once in a while when I feel the urge to vomitt from all the phelgm.

Still swishing the soda/salt mix several times a day, and that seems to help a little.

My teeth feel a little "crunchy" sometimes. Like they are too tight, and cracking or something..?

Anyone else ever had this?

Thanks for listening...Just wanted to update all real quick while I could.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.