The bad part is yes you will learn to live with some of these symptoms but like we have said they will be temporary. Although they will seem to stick around for a life time and time drags by at a snails crawl. One thing to really watch out for and talk to your Dr. about is getting the worst symptom of depression. This is one you can do something about with medication and trying to stay busy and keep your mind occupied.
I finished my treatment mid wasy through may and still have the tingly fingers but it is getting better.
My ears too caused me great discomfort during and after the treatments but the Dr. would look in there and say everything is just fine and I would allways dispute him,"there feels like a gallon of water way in there". But that too has past and 0 ear pain for me since mid june.
Gateraid was my favorite through the tube also but i will warn you if you are vomiting alot it can really sting your throat, I was in tears many times from the acids burning and went back to water for those times I felt nausiated.
Good luck to you and were all here and have been there and done that, I know it doesnt take away what your going through but it does let you know it is doable.