Hi all!

I FINALLY got to NYC today! It was an 11 hour flight! 7 of them were spent on the tarmac at Atlanta Airport. Weather kept us grounded for hours, but I finally got here after changing planes three times and even airlines once.

It's 12:30 midnight here and I have my appt at 10:00 am tomorrow.

It's good to be back in New York, I've always had a warm spot in my soul for this town.

I'll be meeting the team tomorrow and if they are on par or better than MDAnderson this may be my first choice...One can't help but feel alive in the energy here.

I still have the tingles and it's a big annoyance. To check on that, on the surgery results, healing, etc. I am meeting with the Stanford team on Monday.

I want my incisions checked over, and ask them about the tingles and headaches I've been having.

Houston was refreshing in their "team approach" and what I keep saying is how much humility they all seemed to have despite their tremendous rankings.

It is quite amazing to see almost an entire mid-rise dedicated to the art and science of HEAD & NECK cancer treatments, I doubt Sloan will be as extensive.

I'll let you all know...Thank you for the positive thoughts, prayers, love and good energy!!!

Ian, I've been following your other posts on both boards, and I have to repeat my earlier recommendation that you consider asking for some anti-anxiety meds to help medigate the symptoms that might not have physical cause.

And, even if it is something serious, you will be better equiped emotionally if things are tempered to a more manageable level.

Have you contacted the ENT about your concerns? Maybe you should write a quick email or fax outlining the items you did here, just to make sure he doesn't dismiss you prematurely...Dr's are more careful when things are in writting (paper trail / liabilities, etc).

Eileen, yes, everyone I have seen to date is only considering IMRT, although I am still sold on TomoTherapy, but you'll see under my other post in "Currently in Tx", "Makeing a decision (again)..." there are a limited # of these out there.

MDAnderson said it is basically a marketing name, like the difference between 2 high performance sports cars, but I tend to disagree since Tomo takes a simultaneous CT scan at the start of EACH radiation session and automatically adjusts...

Then again, maybe I should skip radiation (just kdding! Joanna)

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.