Hi Dee --

Use the Radiacare gel now -- the info sheet with the stuff we got says to start using "as soon as possible" -- the gel and the 100% aloe work about the same (the Radiacare is about 90% aloe anyway) -- the Biafine is different and should be used *after* the gel. If yu use 100% aloe, it feels really nice to be put on cold (but not icy). The Thera-bite system prevents trismus -- it might be a problem if she has mouth inflammation as there are "bite-pads" which fit your upper and lower tooth curve and which you bite on as the device slowly opens the jaw.

The best advice -- every sysmpotom -- ask (nay, demand!) attention to it and do not be afraid that they will think you are "whining" -- hey, THEY aren't going through this!!!

Well, gotta go -- the tomo machine is UP again and we have to leave for the "Hop" (or as I called it in my graduate school days, "the John" )...

Gail

Michael -- sounds as if your throat irritation is causing a gag reaction -- ask if there is something else they can do as I am not sure an anti-nausea drug will help here. You are going to get pretty debilitated with all this heaving not to mention down in the dumps. Again, ask about acupuncture as it will work for these odd nerve impulses. One of the anti-spasmotic drugs might also help. Maybe also try some GelClair?

CG to husband Barry, dx. 7/21/05, age 66, SCC rgt. tonsil, BOT, 2 nodes (stg. IV), HPV+, tonsillectomy, 7x carboplatin, 35x tomoTherapy IMRT w/ Ethyol @ Johns Hopkins, thru treatment 9/28/05, HPV vaccine trial 12/06-present. Looking good!