Hi Everyone this is Michael's sister Heather using Seth's screenname since I am visiting him this weekend... Just wanted to give all of you an update since Michael has been so sick.

Michael has been vomitting from the the gag reflex and phlegm. However, last Friday marked his halfway point in treatment. Total weight loss to date is 30 lbs. His hearing test yesterday showed hearing loss in his left ear. He is losing his hair and his goattee. He also tried acupuncture a couple of weeks ago and is going to try that again! That sounds horrible to a person that is PETRIFIED of needles!

Nothing seems to help the gagging. He has tried everything... anti-spasmotics, Neurontin, Adavan (Sp), Compazine, Raglan, and Zofran. They are helping w/the intermittent nausia, but NOTHING is helping with the gag issue. I saw him eat part of a banana this morning, but he has not eaten anything else all day. They have been using the peg to keep him hydrated. I am very worried.

He has not gotten up all day. He is completely exhausted and wiped out. Tonight he was had severe chest pain and is now concerned about his heart. He gets chemo starting on Tuesday. We are all very concerned because he is already so ill. I don't know what to do. He says that nothing tastes like it is supposed to. At times, even the mention of anything makes him sick. My brother is very weak. This is extremely difficult to see Michael like this. He is the person that I run to for support and now I feel almost entirely helpless, like there is nothing I can do to help him feel better.

I want to thank all of you for your continued prayers and support. I know how much all of the advice and support means to Michael. His spirits seem alright considering. I just wish there was something that could help w/the gagging. Once again, thank you all for all of your support. I will try to post again tomorrow.

Seth | Caregiver for Michaelii | Dx: 06-05 Stage IV, SCC , Right Tonsil, T2N2