I know what you're saying about H2o Gail...I had 5 liters or so over the weekend and of course a ton yesterday.

Today, I didn't even want a sip, and barely managed 2 liters all day.

I wrote down the med you mentioned, thank you!

Is Barry taking anything for naseua yet?

I'm going to pop a Compazene just since I'm still feeling queezy and about a 3 on the naseua scale of 1 to 10.

I feel sort of like I'm wasting a good pill since it's not horrific yet, but I just spoke to a Dr and he said I shouldn't be suffering, and not to worry about resistance to the drugs.

I have the same metallic taste, YUK~ But, I can deal with it...I notice if I swish mouth wash it's much better....Who knows what I'll be able to do by week 7 when I have my 3rd and last round of Cisplatin (it's 2 days of chemo, at the start, middle and end of the 8 week radiation cycle).

I was refused Amiphostine, so I didn't know about the H2O with that too, and what is Ethyol?

Sounds like his team is really on top of things and that you two made a great choice.

Thanks for the updates...please keep 'em comming.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.