Hey guys...still here :-)

Am recovering nicely at the moment.

Had a terrible time yesterday. Serious pain, couldn't swallow and didn't sleep at all since I had been here.

Today, I had finally had enough of "Well, sir, the dr prescribed morphine and that's all we have"

I said look, the stuff isn't working AT ALL for my tonsil pain and it makes me constipated and loopy....

I've had some real crap nurses...such a power trip.

Finally, I called the surgeon at home.

I told him I'd had enough. He hasn't even been in to check on me ONCE since the surgery. I have this "team" of ENT's show up twice a day and look like deer cought in headlights.

They are nice enough, but can't answer any of my questions, and worse yet, don't do anything for the pain!!!

I was really fedup. Anyway, I said to the surgeon that I couldn't believe he hadn't been in even once.

He said the sugery went well.

He said we got negative margins on the tonsil (which I presume is good) But, only 1mm.

He also said there looked like the 2 known nodes and one "facial node" looled involved, but that we'll know more on Tues from Pathology.

I don't know what the 3 rd one means? More surgery? Jaw bones, etc?

I complained that he misled me whn he said I'd be "eating steak and potatoes" in a couple of days after surgery.

I explained the pain.

He said, oh, let's put you on Blah Blah it'll fix you right up...The only problem is, he said, is that it causes bleeding???

I think it's an IV version of Ibuprofren or something.

Anyway, within 20 minutes I was a new man!

Today I was able to eat soft foods, swallow water and SLEEP!!

I went to sleep at 1:00 PM and have been on and off since, getting up in between to walk around the floor to prevent pnonomia and clots.

We'll that's about it...

I still have lot's of sleep to catch up on..

Oh, I met this super guy, TIM, here today.

Had SCC of the tongue back when he was 26! Had a LEFT side MRND.

Then 14 years later it returned!!!!!!!!!!

He now 42, still looks great, had a LEFT MRND (his has staples, mine has absorbable sutures, not sure which is best?)

He said it was on his tounge again, and that they didn't get "clean margins".

He said he already used up his lifetime of Rads last time. frown

Has a good spirit about it! But, jeeze, if you can't feel safe after 14 years when can you???!!!

He should start to post online soon!

Well, I'm off to sleep again...Love and hugs to all!

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.