Michael,

I work for a dentist. Is the pain really bad like a toothache or just sore? A dry socket is painful. The tx is just usually a medicated cotton ball in the extraction site.You may have to go back a few times. But I think it may be sore from all the injections like you said. That can happen.Also can be sore from the Root Planning & Scaling (deep cleaning). If it continues I would definately call him for a quit check before you start rad.?chemo just to be sure there is no infection. My friend Rod had to have all his teeth removed just prior to tx. This was very rough for a 37 year old guy.I know this is very hard on you but remember sometimes, someone else has it much worse. Just think, after this is all over, you will have a beautiful smile to show the world!You can do this Michael!!! Rod was the biggest baby that ever lived(and he knows it)he was stage 4b...it was one year on July 12 that his treatment ended.He got a great check up... Life is good for him right now! Have faith & fight this Sh** as hard as you can!We are all rooting for you!God bless!Maureen

maureen (friend to Rod SCC tonsil diag. Mar 04 stage 4 -concurrent rad. & chemo) Finished tx July 04