Michael,

You need to calm down a bit. This is only Thursday? You just got here! If the Oncologist really believed he saw a reoccurence, he would have told you. I had mild memory problems when I saw him on 6/16 /05 and was in the MRI 2 hours later, the craniotomy followed shortly. Don't forget, I have been with the same guy for nearly 2 years and he is, as you and I have discussed, not afraid to voice his opinion. Good or bad. I don't mean to knock ANYONES Hospital choice, but MSKCC is very near the top of the list on places to treat cancer. As we had emailed, you probably could have stayed closer to home ("The OC"), but you are here ("The Big Apple") and need to place some trust in the choices you have already made.

As a final thought on this particular issue, I would not be so fast to get more surgery. It will halt all further treatments until you heal and you do not want that. I have put off chemo for nearly 2 months to recover from the brain tumor and Stereo-Tactic Surgery, and I have fairly nice dose of Bilateral Lung cancer. You will have ear pain and related surgical issues for quite a while, and although it may some day be the cancer returned, you need to dig in and get this done.

I do not believe in blindly following your doctors order, but you do want to allow some latitude. They have kept me going very well for over 3 years and my OC has traveled my entire body.

And, since I have decided to voice my opinions as I see fit, we avoid using the names of medical personnel here and I fail to see the need for inserting what may be the first 2 letters of the name. Do you?

Try to calm down! Maybe I'll look you up on Tuesday, I'm there early.

Glenn