Great information guys!

I KNEW this would be the place to get the best info :-)

We are returning home this morning via JFK.

Our visit was a short 3 nights, and I got to see my Medical Oncologist, the head of their ENT Dept, and my Radiation Oncologist.

We took MRI's and did my simulation.

I also saw their dental team, as mentioned above.

The MRI was a grueling 2.5 hours and I couldn't move my face a millimeter. My face is so big, the "cage" didn't go around it, so they had to remove the little pad that goes under your head. So there I was for over 2 hours the back of my already tender skull resting on a cold hard surface. By the time it was halfway through it felt like my head was onfire with pain. My hands fell asleep and my butt hurt smile

Hear's a quick piece of advice for anyone having H&N MRIs:

1) Don't drink coffee or other fluids prior, and empty your bladder just before!

They didn't tell me this, and about an hour into it, I had to pee like a race horse! They said, if they let me off the table, they'd have to start over from the beginning! and that would mean rescheduling for another day!!! (We fly out this morning)

So, I just held it, but it was the worst part, by far.

I hate to sound like such a big baby, I mean after all, it was only an MRI, but if someone else can avoid this discomfort by just following the above advice, it's worth mentioning.

I scolded the MRI team that they should have advised me of the length BEFORE I got on the table.

That's it for now.

I had my simulation yesterday, and it went ok too.

Same head/skull/fire thing, but it's over now.

My face looks like a belgian waffle...(MMMM, I gett'n hungry now!)

I'll post more when I get home tonight...Hope everyone is good out there!

Treatment will start August 10th, so we'll be back around the 8th or so.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.