The thing about the NCCN guidelines are that there is not EXACT agreement even there.

The flow chart shows the 3 main courses of treatment, with surgery still being the mainstay as 1st line (old school and not in practice at the main CCC's anymore for most cases).

But, there are so many opinions out there the NCCN guidelines are a good starting point.

I think the fact that there are so many treatment trials going on at any time shows that there is a lot starting to happen in this previously neglected area of medicine.

Hopefully, we will all be around to see the improvments reach the point that they have for many other cancers such as lymphoma.

I hate to sound skeptical and jadded, but looking at the HUGE institutions that make billions of dollars on treating cancers, it makes you wonder how motivated they are to find a "cure".

The one's that really are motivated to save people have a genuine passion, and when I've met these shinning stars they stand out from the rest.

Maybe that's why I wanted to compare them and get a sense of their commitment.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.