Oh gosh Nancy - how can you stand it being permanent??

It's about a 6 on a 1 to 10 scale, and I only had the 2nd round on Thurs/Fri...I won't be able to tolerate this much longer....

Other than that, I am holding together OK.

I am wondering about the PEG. Should I have it removed immediately, or just by any Dr back home a few weeks after the last tx? How long can it stay in safely?

I want to go home so badly, that I think I plan on staying only a few days after my last rads, is that a fair timeframe? If the last tx is on a Fri maybe stay one week after for followups, etc? Of course I'll discuss all this with the docs, but thought I'd get some real world experience feedback here.

Are they going to do more CT/Pet scans etc??

They only did one baseline and a weekly status for position only. How soon, and often should I have scans for possible recurrances?

I've heard several different timeline suggestions.

I don't plan on having the 3rd round of chemo (at least almost for sure not Cispl)!!!

Today I have dry mouth and a slight sore throat, but feel lucky overall re: side effects. Besides the tinitus, we have been able to manage them all to reasonable levels, especially the 2nd time around on the chemo...(Zofran is great!)

My teeth are starting to hurt a little, and I have a couple of minor mouth sores.

The saliva/phelgm is still out of control!! (Where does it all come from !?!?! smile

I'm almost 100% Osmolite now, and gateraid/water both through the PEG. Not much at all by mouth anymore...

Well...I'm sure that's more than most wanted to know smile Just wanted to put an update on while I have the energy to type.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.