My father was totally fixed after his hospitalization. He does get admitted for the overnight when he gets his Cisplatin. Yes, we dislike it, but we bring in our own lighting, a big screen laptop with wonderful speakers and movies. Luckily, we are able to get a private room and they roll a bed in for me that I adorn with chenille and faux fur blankets. Its all good. The continuous IV fluids are awesome too. We have NON hospital food delivered, although we eat it out side the room so my dad doesn't have to smell it. He is finding that the smell of food is really offensive. The downside is that no matter how comfy and like home you make the room, you DON'T get any sleep at a hospital what-so-ever. Loud beeps, loud RN's lauging at the desk, overhead pages, random staff wandering in and out, you know. I would suggest asking about a home care infusion RN to come out and bolus you with some fluids-It's no big deal, they just pump fluid into you.
10 more rads to go for us, it is SO awesome. You'll be at this point too---

Dad Treated for T2N1M0 Tonsil Cancer August 2005. 35 IMRT radiation, 3 doses Cisplatin. Selective Modified Neck Dissection November.