Thanks Amy...You're so right!!

How is John doing?

Today, I woke up with a "cold" I guess...mild fever, runny nose, stuffed up nose (at the same time, weird huh?), and kinda achy (sp?).

I'm just gonna relax today 'cause I need to be well enough to travel to NY on Weds night.

Other than that, I feel good.

The pain in the tonsil (site) area is still there, and I will mention it to the Docs. I'm thinking it may also be related (like Gail said about Barry above) to the reduced saliva maybe.

Seth's Birthday was yesterday and we had a nice dinner in our fancy-schmancy restuarant here, and besides not being able to have wine (it tastes and feels like rubbing alchohol, YUK!) it was basically a normal meal!!

I eat slower now (a good thing) and smaller portions (a great thing!), but more or less getting on track to "my new normal".

Thanks again for the support...

I'll be especially thankful when (if:() I get the "all clear" from the Docs!

- Michael

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.