I'm here. Barely :0

I think I feel a teeny bit better this morning than yesterday AM, but am not sure. Maybe I'm just getting used to some of the misery.

I've failed to mention before a couple other symptoms, which seemed minor at the time.

I had had on and off ringing in either ear for a few days now, and last night, it got so bad, it acutally work me up.

It seems to alternate between R & L, and usually I just try to ignore it by turning up the TV or something. I know it's a side effect of the Cispl, but for how long? Does it get worse? How do we know, or what can be done, before it get's permanent..?

The 2nd thing is that my hands are falling asleep. Both the R & L sometimes, with painful pins and needles.

Luckily, I have some of the Nurontin left and it helps, but should I notify someone or is this normal too?

Other than these two things, basically, I am just beat up.

I have ZERO energy. It takes me several minutes to get the energy together to just type on the laptop.

The neck and chin still feel like cardboard, and my mouth is so strange. It feels wierd and tastes awful.

I feel like I spent way too much time in the sun.

Opening my mouth is work and just trying to stay hydrated is a major challenge.

I've used the PEG a couple of times, and am going to try using it more for hydration. Water alone makes me sick, so we are experimenting with Gatoraide, etc.

That's it for now, thank you to everyone !! I've read each post and feel a little more able to meet this challenge with every encouraging word. Thank you!!

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.