Michael,

I second what Gail said about the tinnitus. It's not time yet to assume it will last at this point. I had an illness a few years ago where I had really bad ringing for a couple of weeks but it went away after. I also had it during chemo/rad--though I don't think it was quite as constant for me as it sounds like it is for you-and I haven't had any since about 2 weeks post-rad, and I was really afraid I would because I have a history of ear problems.

Remember that the rad is a gift that keps on giving and you will continue to feel bad, possibly worse, for 2-4 weeks after treatment, so you should definitely not plan on having the PEG removed before then (you may still be using it three-4 weeks after or longer). I also would consider remaining in NY for at least two weeks after because of this. I ended up in the hospital with an infection and neutropenic three days after the end of rad/chemo so that's another thing to base yor decision to stay/go on. If you are neutropenic or close to the line you may want to stay for as long as it takes to get past that. Not only because you would be *extremely* vulnerable to catching something while travelling but because if you do end up getting some kind of infection, it's best if you can be treated by the folks who have treated you the whole way through I would think.

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"