Hi all...

Glad to be in our new thread home here.

I'll send the new link to my friends and family who like to stay up on the latest too.

Well...I have GREAT NEWS, I think... :-)

As of 9:30 PM, last night ALL NAUSEA dissappeared.

In fact, I had a good night's sleep (after saying a quick thank you prayer:), and only woke a few times, which is unusal for lately.

I have been able to down a little more fluids (averaging a liter of water, milk, etc.) daily since the last chemo infusion.

Had my 4th rad burn today and can already feel some of the wierd effects.

Skin feels tight and warm, like a slight sunburn in spots, and it's awakened my nerves or something.

Here's the current "problem" :

Many might recall my complaint that I could 'feel something growing' in the Right Tonsil bed. Well, it was examined by the 2nd surgeon at Stanford, a premier ENT at Sloan and then again on Tues by the RO. They all agree that it looks like normal "granualized tissue" forming from the surgery, which is of course a relief.

But, the tissue has now started to tickle my gag reflex. I know it sounds crazy, but I've actually gagged a couple of times today, and not from nausea, but from this tissue back there.

So, I've been treating it topically with 2% lido (tiny dab with long Qtip), as opposed to the nurse's recommendation of more Compezine (YUK!). I really don't think that would help, except to make me so groggy and out of it, that I won't know it's happening... smile (Which may be quite useful down the road a bit)

So, I wanted to know if I'm the only circus freak out there with this weird problem -- misery loves company smile

Ok, so now I'll deal with the new tissue tickle on my gag reflex, and hopefully this will get better, not worse.

The nurse also said that the nausea departing will likely be temporary, since it usually returns on Days 3 to 5 from last infusion (YUK~!).

At least I got to eat some good foods today.

I can't imagine what the 3rd week and 6th week chemo is going to be like!! With all the mouth sores, pain, etc etc...EEEEkkk...The stuff makes me feel like they are pumping me up with Jet Fuel!!! :p

I have Aquaphor and a soda/salt rinse I'm using a few times a day.

I also gargle with Aloe, and use it in the Gtube to keep it clean. The incision site looks awesome. Very clean, fresh, no more puss or discharge, and it seems to be fine.

So, let's see...I guess everything is as expected except for the gag thing.

Sorry to ramble just wanted to get this out there, and hear how everyone else is doing.

Hugs to all, Michael

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.