Michael, Seth and Heather,
Thoughts and prayers with you. Sorry Michael is so sick. I can't believe myself how sick this treatment makes one. John has zero energy and not eating. He resists and won't take more than 4 cans of tube feeding a day and losing weight. It's hard to know what is to be tolerated or needs to be evaluated. I feel between a rock and hard place on what I'm told he needs to be doing and what he is capable of doing. He sure can't swallow the fish oil pills the doctor keeps pushing! He is starting the gag problem that Michael has had for awhile now. I wonder if the chest discomfort Michael has might be in the esophagus - that is where John feels changes especially when he tries to eat. (He is on a similar treatment as Michael - has had his second chemo).Heather you are not alone in feeling pretty helpless watching him change. It sure sounds like Michael deserves evaluation before another round of chemo.
Peace,
Janet

Caregiver, Husband diagnosed 7/6/05 SCC left tonsil, T2N2bM0, Concurrent chemo/radiation begun 8/2/05 (Cisplatin). Received 2 cycles cisplatin, 38 radiation treatments. Completed course 9/27/05.