The EXACT date is not set, but I'll ask the RO about the Friday issue you mentioned.

My simulation is for tomorrow at 10:00 AM.

I just got back from Sloan where I met with the dentist there.

I DO have a quick question for the board (hint hint Brian are you there?)

Q: The Dr at MDAnderson said floride trays are the only to go (for life!). The Drs at Sloan said floride (Rx) toothpaste (1x brushing daily) for life is the best way..Which one is statistically best?

Also the dentists at Sloan want me to have two teeth with minor carries filled. They said I can do that this week or next with regular metal fillings. Shouldn't I use porcelin(sp?) or other non-metallic? And, does it matter if I get them only a few days to a week prior to start of radiation?

Ok, guess it was more than ONE question...Sorry :-)

The sockets hurt a little more today from the Friday extraction, but still no swelling, fever or serious pain.

WZ, did you have radiation & chemo???

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.