Way to go Michael! I know what you mean about caring and compassionate, we thought the same when we went up to Sloan. However have found folks at Hopkins to be the same, I guess they all must understand what people are going through and do their best to be supportive.

Barry's finishing his first week of treatment today -- we have been moved to 11:30 on the tomo to avoid rush hour as we drive in from 45 minutes away (well, without traffic...) -- so far no side effects but it is early days of course. However take the advice to eat good food now! -- tonight we are having flounder stuffed with crab and shrimp, plus glazed acorn squash and garlic mashed potatoes. NYC is full of great food -- enjoy while you can. Hopefully neither you nor Barry will have to use that d****d PEG but still, flounder and potato smoothies...? I think not!

Gail

Hang in there!

Gail

CG to husband Barry, dx. 7/21/05, age 66, SCC rgt. tonsil, BOT, 2 nodes (stg. IV), HPV+, tonsillectomy, 7x carboplatin, 35x tomoTherapy IMRT w/ Ethyol @ Johns Hopkins, thru treatment 9/28/05, HPV vaccine trial 12/06-present. Looking good!