Seems like the darn tonsils are common for this! Why didn't my dentist catch this a couple months ago? It was AFTER I had the swollen node after all.

Oh well. Water under the bridge I suppose. I plan on pointing him to this site for a refresher course on early dx.

You guys have all been awesome here.

I want to recap a quick update below and ask for any hints, info or background that anyone thinks I should include in my Tumor Board presentation tomorrow am.

1) Stage and nodal involvement, CT/PET scans, all pathology reports, etc.
2) Last week or so have had "pain" (a #2 on the 1 to 10 scale) on right side in throat. (sore throat)
3) Slight (2, sometimes 2.5) pain / sensation in Right ear.
4) painless "sore" on right rear side of tongue noticed 2.5 weeks ago, basically ignored by 4 or 5 ENT's
5) Background that FNA's caused lymph nodes to swell at least 25% to their current size.
6) Statement from most senior ENT I saw that persons of a younger age without risk factors has a more agressive neoplasm and requires more agressive tx.
7) Slight occassional ringing in right ear (30 seconds a couple times a day for the last two or three days)
8) Likely to be HPV positive for tumor. (waiting on PCR results from cell block on FNA)
9) Outline of the 2 treatment paths I am considering:

A) MRND following or simultaneous to Radical Tonsilectomy; then radiation (and possible chemo and/or Erbitux)

B) Chemo and/or Erbitux with Radiation, (possible biopsy of R tonsil first), and/or possible radical tonsilectomy. Then, possible MRND if needed post chemo/radiation.

Any of your suggestions are appreciated.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.