Gail, I wish I had been told what they told Barry smile

In any case, I spent most of the day today in the ER.

My fever spiked at 102 and I figured better safe than sorry.

Serveral hours later, it was confirmed that the Xrays all looked normal, the fever had subsided, urinalysis and blood labs ALL normal, and pain/spasms reduced and finally let go to have dinner!

Anyway, I feel better still now, and finished cleaning the incision site and changing the gauze.

I think I got dehyrdated too from fasting for the surgery first, then not drinking due to bloating after.

If anyone else has this done, insist on IV fluids to keep you hydrated, even if it means a cath for urination.

Anyway, what's really starting to bug me now, is the thing I posted about a couple of days ago:

(Of course, you know me, I've always got to have something to worry about:-)

[quote] I "feel" like the cancer's returned to the right tonsil tumor bed !!

I can FEEL something in there, especially when swallowing, like something's stuck in my throat (how post-nasal-drip feels a bit), but it never goes comnpletely away...sometimes it's more noticable than others...

I can kinda feel like it would cause me to gag sometimes if I let it, and maybe make's my voice sound a little "gargle-ie", like I need to blow my nose sounding...

[/quote]So, today, it is now more pronounced than ever.

It seems to actually already be affecting my speech and I feel like it has grown in the last 4 days.

What do I do?

If it has grown back so soon, what does that mean for my prognosis? Bleaker still?

I am hoping it is only scar tissue, etc, but without another biopsy/surgery, how do we know?

Thanks for any advice, or information.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.