Gail, That doesn't make any sense, that they would care about such small amounts of vitamins in a multivitamin when he'll get that as soon as he goes on any kind of liquid diet. I have a hard time believing those more close o the RDA amounts of antioxidants really make much of a difference one way or the other, quite honestly.

You really need a microscope to read the mgs listed for each vit on the Jevity can (my super duper magnifying reading glasses made the print barely legible--obviously it's not toom important to them that it can be read) but I'm pretty sure that if I take 6 cans/day, I've been getting 450 mgs of C just from that. But, as I said, my oncologist made clear it was the larger doses of stuff that I needed to stop doing during treatment.

Although I was told to lay of C and E altogether before surgery. If Barry is getting a PEG tube, maybe that's why they are saying none at all? Otherwise, I agree it seems a little inconsistent.

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"