Yay! Welcome home Michael. So glad to see you are controlling your pain okay. Makes me MAD they didn't help you control your pain better in the hospital. I was alternating between morphine and liquid Loritab in the hospital and was really amazed the morphine wasn't more effective that it was.

Then, they had me scheduled to stay on all that until I was released from the hospital. I said "But...what are you sending me home with? I want to take what I'm going home with.", and had to wean myself off the other pain killers. Then..would you believe they tried to send me home with pills instead of liquid meds? sheesh.. I was like...okay YOU go through this surgery and then swallow a horse pill. :-)

Anyway, enough of my ranting. I'm so glad you are doing well and able to eat some real food. Will help you keep up your strength before starting the next phase of your treatment. I hope you continue to do so well!

Jennifer

Jennifer
Stage II (T2N0M0) SCC diag 4/21/05; partial glossectomy & selective neck dissection (good margins and lymyph nodes negative), jaw split, 1/3 of tongue removed, free flap from left forearm - 5/23/05; 42 years old at diagnosis