I just got the results back from the cell block.

It was NEGATIVE for HPV (P16) using Immunohistochemistry testing on the tissues removed in the FNA from 06-08.

This is terrible news for me, since I was hoping all along it explained the source of the cancer and also increased my odds of survival.

Now I feel so defeated and I haven't even begun to fight.

In despiration, I am moving forward with the MRND and Radical Tonsillectomy tomorrow at Stanford.

This is despite several conflictory opionions, even as late as this morning from various Drs stating that the Erbitux is my best 1st line of attack and that surgery impairs it's ability to rach affected areas.

Please keep me in your prayers. It is scheduled to being around 1:30 PM.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.