hey all...

I've been sitting here in the Chemo ward for a few hours.

I'm all plumbed and ready to go. I've gotten a couple liters of saline and feel great!

We're waiting for my urine output to increase and then the poison...Uuhhm, cisplatin will start.

It's taking so long for my urine output, they sent me to my radiation tx while we're waiting and I just got back a few minutes ago.

Seth and my Mom are here, and we've been in the hospital since 9:am today...Uuugh, we'll problably be here until around 9:pm or 10:pm tonight..Oh well..I still think it's better than doing this in-patient.

I had to get a new IV line, but the nurse was gifted and I barely felt the needle.

My WBC (1.7) and other labs were bad this morning, but Dr P said it was my call to go ahead or not. So, like a true gluten(sp?), I said sure.

He said they are concerned about the hearing loss and nuropathy that I've had, but he doesn't think that it requires changing chemos right now. Maybe for the 3rd tx, which 30% of his patients don't get anyway.

Ok, so now back to why I feel GREAT right now...

I think it's due to the steroids they gave me via IV a couple of hours ago.

I am concerned because I've read that steroids can encourage cancer cells, but I feel so good from them that right now I'll ignore that.

Thank you all for posting your thoughts....I read them daily, even on the days I'm too exhausted to post.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.