Michael,
It was good to hear from you - funny how I get a little worried when you don't post as often! You made me laugh with your diet attempts. John's hiccups did go away with the thorazine (although I think they were going away by Friday anyway). The challenge of the moment is weight loss. I thought it wouldn't be a problem with the peg tube and I could just load him up at will but he feels full and bloated a lot and resists more than 4 cans of jevity even if given very slowly. Last night he had a lot of residual in his stomach so I couldn't even give him the normal tube feeding amt. What's up with that? He burps more with the feedings or when he swallows food (yogurt, liquids, shakes). But we're halfway through and yesterday I could see that most of the chemo effects were gone - he just seemed himself again. Take care of that true part of you that is you. These various symptoms are a pain but what I resent most about them is when John doubts himself as loved and lovable because of them or when he feels weak or a failure because he is down with one symptom or another. Let's face it - they're throwing everything but the kitchen sink at you guys and you're taking it.
Peace,
Janet

Caregiver, Husband diagnosed 7/6/05 SCC left tonsil, T2N2bM0, Concurrent chemo/radiation begun 8/2/05 (Cisplatin). Received 2 cycles cisplatin, 38 radiation treatments. Completed course 9/27/05.