Welcome Michael! Sorry you need to be here. I am self employed also & literally put my business in standby mode for 6 to 8 months. Keep level headed & try not to freak out! I know first hand about freaking out about the business impact. Let me emphasize, get your business affairs in order, get some help with the biz & focus on treatment & recovery & get this thing beat so you can get on with your life. The treatment will kick your ass & thats normal. I'm not trying to scare you, just realistic. Stay calm & focus on treatment & recovery. Let Seth help you. A comprehensive cancer center is definately your best bet. It sounds like you're doing your homework. As others have said, hit it hard & all at once. You do not want it to come back. I opted for all the treatments available & have no regrets. It sounds like you already know how to embrace life & go for it, just carry it on through this time. Keep yer chin up! Erik

dx 2/11/04 scca bot T3 IU 2B MO poorly differentiated, margins ok, 3/16 modest, jaw split, over half of tongue removed, free flap from left forearm - finished chemo & rad treatment 5/20/04