I didn't stay in teh hospital after my second chemo (it wasn't offered as an option) but I did go to the med oncologists office for extra IV hydration every day during that week and so they could fiddle with the anti-emitics as well. If you do't go to the hosp., you might see if you can make that kind of arrangement ahead of time. Of course, I was dealing with nausea from the amifostine too and so I ws sick from that, even when the nausea from the chemo seemed to be held at bay.

I think in your case, the hosptial might make sense, though, since you have been having such a hard time of it. How is your white blood cell count? Hopefully there are good precautions in the hosptial protecting you from other diseases. That is the only thing I'd worry about, is catching something else there.

I'm glad you're feeling batter and had a chance to actually get out a little, and to see your parents too--but do keep track of your WBC when doing things like that too. believe me, the last thing you want is coming down with some other kind of flu/infection/virus just becaue your WBC is low. That could really throw off your radiation schedule.

Good luck, Michael, I'm thinking of you and Seth.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"