I just want to calrify that I didn't say, nor did I intend to, that you need to see a dental oncologist, though obviously that would be ideal. They are just very scarce from what I understand.

Just be sure you find a dentist who has experience treating other people who have been through oral rad. If you ask around, I am sure there are one or two somewhere in your area. I knew I had found the right one when he asked me with great concern who my rad. oncologist was because he thought there was one in the area who overradiated people unecessarilly. He is just the guy everyone recommends I guess so he gets all the cases in our area. Not that there are hundreds but if he gets all of them he has enough experience to know somehting about what the issues are. His willoingness to undertyand the issue of time urgency in my case was important too!

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"