Michael, I too was exhausted for about four weeks after the end of rad and spent muchof my time sleeping. Its OK. You get to do that. This treatment is hell and your body needs that rest to heal. I also was very anemic for a while, which didn't help.

If soy milk and dairy leave you cold in terms of drinking something, here's my recommendation: green or white tea with a light fruit flavor. Celestial Seasonings has a couple of new white tea blends. First, the stuff in green tea (and by extension white tea I think) is supposed to help prevent new cancer cells and I found it was the first thing that didn't taste really bad to me. It also has a slightly drying effect on your mouth. I have had to cut back on it recently because now my problem is mainly severe drymouth but when I still was dealing with major phlegm it seemed to nicely cut through it a little and the pear or peach or honeydew flavor (there is a bottled brand our health food store sells with ahoneydew juice added and its my fave) left my mouth feeling fresher.

Also, don't forget Mucinex or Tussin with Gaufenisin--that stuff does really help when phlegm is bad.

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"