Yes you are being a big baby! The mask will fit tight in the beginning but will loosen up as you lose weight. If you are really uncomfortable however, let them know immediately. Every now and then they would use the wrong head rest or orient the correct one backwards. You must take some responsibility for your comfort level.

Cisplatin is a bitch. Eat first before you have treatment - it's easier on a full stomach. STAY HYDRATED. The stuff will kill your kidneys if you don't drink 2-3 liters of water every day. You will get some ringing in the ears, give the doctor lots of feedback how you are reacting, especially hearing. They will typically infuse you with Zofran to mitigate the nausea. Stay on top of all the meds they give you. Keep in mind that Zofran loses its effectiveness after 3-5 days of continuous use so have other anti-emetics at the ready. I would suggest having compazine suppositories on hand in case you are throwing everything back up.

Cisplatin also does a number on the stomach lining so industrial strength antiacids are a must.

I didn't have a tube so I can't comment except hearing stories like yours makes me even more grateful I didn't get one.

That's a wierd protocol. My Cisplatin protocol was about 4 hours every third week. The infusion itself wasn't any big deal. Bring a walkman or iPod with you. Ask them for a heating pad for your arm - it's makes it a LOT more comfortable.

Burn a good CD for your radiation treatment sessions. It really helps to pass the time.

You had a baseline TSH right?

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)